Are you interested in bringing in a school group or private group to TCWR?
Field trips include a guided walking tour with a member of the education department and access to the discovery area. During your trip, students will learn about the big cats, bears, and other species that call Turpentine Creek home. We also share how you can become an advocate for wildlife everywhere! Tours are age and grade level appropriate and catered to your classroom or group needs.
How Much Does a Trip Cost?
Groups will receive a discount on admission based on the size of the group. Teachers, bus drivers, and group leaders are exempt from paying admission into the Refuge on the day of their visit. Parents will receive the group rate discount. *Prices below are per visitor.
Additional Add-On Program Options
Turpentine Creek’s Education Department offers additional programs for your field trip at no cost! These programs follow National Science Standards and are available upon request.
- Wildlife Discovery Table – Get up close to our replica nature items! Learn more about what animals that the replicas come from and discover more about wildlife.
- Native Arkansas Wildlife – Arkansas is home to various species of animals that may not always be seen. Discover more about what wildlife can be found in the Natural State that also call TCWR home.
- Savannah Explorer – Discover more about the African Savannah and the animals that live there!
- Predators not Pets – Explore why exotic animals do not make good pets by getting a closer look at some of their destroyed toys.
- How do you Bear Up? – Bears are amazing animals that have adapted for survival in the habitats that they live in. Their size, color, and diet all play a role in their survival.
Ways to Pay
We accept all forms of payment including: cash, credit card, and check. You can pay before arrival by requesting an invoice (email firstname.lastname@example.org) or upon arrival at Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge. Payment is due at the time of the scheduled tour.
What to Bring
Please make sure everyone in your group is dressed appropriately for the weather. All tours are 1/2 mile of walking on loose gravel that is uphill, downhill, and there is a steep hill at the end with steps. We recommend wearing shoes that have closed backs and closed toes for walking on the gravel. Your group is welcome to bring drinks, backpacks, and cameras to take pictures. If anyone in your group has difficultly walking or needs different accommodations, please let us know.
*Tours will be canceled due to extreme inclement weather and rescheduled. Tours will continue if it is raining.
Your group is welcome to bring sack lunches! We currently have two spots available to eat at:
- For groups of 20 or smaller, we have an area next to our koi pond and camper locations.
- For groups larger than 20, we have an open grass area next to our public restrooms.
Please keep our Refuge clean and litter free by recycling and throwing away all garbage in the proper bins.
We can accommodate all private groups outside of school field trips. We have worked frequently with travel agencies, large family groups, senior tours, wildlife advocacy groups, and more! All special groups receive our group discount rate when booked through TCWR’s Education Department. If you are interested in bringing your group for a private tour please email email@example.com.